How do you remove a harp base from a lamp?
If you wish to remove the harp, for adjustment or replacement, first unscrew or otherwise remove the lamp finial above the lampshade, remove the shade, and gently squeeze the harp inward just above the harp base. The harp locks into the lamp via notched “legs” that slide into the short slotted arms of the harp base.
What are the different parts of a lamp?
Parts of a Table Lamp (top to bottom):
- Lock: Locks the lampshade in place.
- Lampshade fitting: structural frame for the lampshade.
- Lampshade: Softens the light.
- Bulb: Provide the light.
- Harp: Vertical shade support and shade attachment into the socket.
- Socket shell: light socket for bulb.
How do you open a lamp switch?
On most lamps, you can squeeze the socket shell and pull upwards to remove it. If it’s hard to remove, use a screwdriver to pry it loose. There should be 2 wires attached to the switch. 1 is hot and the other is neutral.
How do you change a light socket in a table lamp?
Loosen the socket cap set screw and then unscrew and discard it along with the old socket shell and socket. Screw the wire leads to the new socket. Place the new socket shell over the socket and push the cover down until it snaps into the new socket shell cap. Replace the harp, light bulb, and shade.
How do you change a harp lamp to an UNO lamp?
How To Use an Uno Shade with a Harp & Finial Lamp
- 1 & 2. …
- Unscrew the finial and then squeeze the harp to remove it. …
- Pop the socket itself apart. …
- Remove the top portion of the socket to reveal wire connections. …
- Thread the wire through the ring of the uno shade and then through the socket cup.